One of our year-long fundraisers for the Marcy PTO is the sale of gift cards through a program called Scrip. The PTO earns a percentage of each gift card purchased through the program on things that you would spend money on anyway. By simply planning ahead on everyday purchases like groceries, gas, restaurants, clothes, entertainment and home repair, the average family can contribute at least $11 a week to our PTO. That modest number adds up quickly – over $500 a year for an average family is not unusual. Some stores offer a rebate of up to 16%!!
How to Order:
- Simply go to www.shopwithscrip.com, create an account and use the enrollment code found on the flyer sent in email, to connect your order to Marcy.
- Shop! Find your favorite retailers, restaurants, and more, and purchase a plastic gift card, an eGift card, or reload an existing card.
- New option: download the RaiseRight app to easily make and manage your Scrip purchases! Learn more here
Types of Scrip Cards: examples here:
- Traditional plastic gift card (see delivery schedule below)
- Reload an existing gift card – you do not have to wait for a new card to be delivered! As soon as you reload an existing gift card the money is ready for you to use.
- eGift Cards – many retailers offer an eGift card option, which is a touchless way to purchase Scrip cards. When you purchase an eGift card you will be provided directions on how to use it online or via an app (such as Amazon or Target). See an example by clicking on the Marcy Scrip-eGift card example
Ways to Pay:
- Online: Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, 2.6% fee per transaction) or link your Bank Account for an electronic funds transfer ($.15 fee per transaction)
- PayPal: send a payment to the Marcy PTO via PayPal (paypal.me/marcypto). Note: when you place your online or app Scrip order, indicate that your method of payment is “check” or “pay coordinator directly” if you plan on paying via PayPal. Also, in your paypal payment note to the Marcy PTO, make sure to write: for SCRIP payment.
- Check: send a check made out to “Marcy PTO” via Marcy school mail. Envelope must be labeled “To: Michelle Burmeister, Scrip.”
To see what Scrip is all about and to get the answers to your questions please log in to www.shopwithscrip.com or download the RaiseRight app. Click on any of the links on the page, and be sure to check out the User Guide & FAQ. If you have any further questions, contact your Scrip Coordinator, Michelle Burmeister, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020-2021 Marcy Scrip Order Schedule
|Order Due Date (by midnight)||Delivery Date |
(cards will be delivered via
Marcy school mail or for pick-up at the main office)
|Thursday, Sept. 10||Friday, Sept. 18|
|Thursday, Oct. 8||Friday, Oct. 16|
|Thursday, Nov. 12 (order for Thanksgiving!)||Friday, Nov. 20|
|Thursday, Dec. 10 (order for Christmas!)||Friday, Dec. 18|
|Thursday, Jan. 14 (order for Valentine’s Day!)||Friday, Jan. 22|
|Thursday, Feb. 11||Friday, Feb. 19|
|Thursday, Mar. 11 (order for Easter!)||Friday, Mar. 19|
|Thursday, April 8||Friday, April 16|
|Thursday, May 13||Friday, May 21|